8 Steps to Grow Communications
- SELECT THE RIGHT SEEDS.
Clearly identify your goals, audience and message.
- PLANT DURING THE GROWING SEASON.
Pay attention to timing. This creates the best opportunity for marketing communications to flourish.
- PLANT IN LOCATIONS WITH FAVORABLE CONDITIONS. Research and select appropriate media.
- FEED AND WATER AT THE RIGHT INTERVALS.
Measure, modify and maintain momentum in communications.
- PRUNE STRAGGLING BRANCHES AND RUNNERS.
‘Train’ your communications to grow in the desired direction by measuring and pruning.
- TAKE CARE NOT TO OVER-CROWD OR OVER-WATER.
Keep your messages on-track and on-target, with enough space for the audience to breathe, perceive and respond.
- CHECK FREQUENTLY.
Gather targeted data. Analyze, measure and monitor carefully.
- BE PREPARED TO REPLANT IN AN ALTERNATE CONTAINER, AS NEEDED.
Be confident in making necessary adjustments.
© Michele Carbery, 2012